Monday, July 14, 2014

Coastal Cabana Blended Bloom Stampin Up Greeting Card

Today I'm sharing the first card that I've made with my new stamp Blended Bloom #135906.  I hesitated because this stamp is only sold in the wood block version and I tend to favor clear stamps.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad that I bought this stamp!  I have seen it used and bought it with the intention of watercoloring the image.  As you can see, that's not the approach I took with my first card.



I shaded my background paper with Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, and Baked Brown Sugar in with sponge daubers and masking tape.


I then stamped the flower in Momento Black with the tape still in place.  I mounted the image onto Black.

I added retired Baked Brown Sugar stretchy trim to the back of the bottom and then pop dotted the image onto the front of my Coastal Cabana card base.


 It's a bit difficult to see, but I added on medium and 5 small pears around the center of each flower.

I used a Hero Arts sentiment, and  it's done.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment